I’m always telling folks about the many honors the Triangle area receives. It seems like there’s always a new list that we’re making. This morning I went to a Raleigh Chamber of Commerce event where they gave attendees a printed list of just some of the honors Raleigh and some of the other great towns in the Triangle have won over the past year. The list was two pages long and in TINY print and didn’t even include all of the “best of” awards we’ve won! Although I see these honors all the time, it was still pretty impressive to see it all in print! I want to share with you just some of the highlights:
- #1 Best Place for Business in 2014 (Raleigh-Cary, NC), Forbes magazine, July 2014.
- Top 10 Up and Coming Neighborhoods (Person Street District, within walking distance of Historic Oakwood and Mordecai Place), USA Today, June 2014
- Top 10 Best City Art Districts (The Warehouse District in Raleigh), USA Today, May 2014
- #1 Best City for Raising a Family (Raleigh) Forbes, April 2014
- #1 Fastest Growing Metro from 2000-2013 (Raleigh-Cary, NC), CityLab, April 2014 and Forbes
- #1 Best Large Metro Area for Homeownership (Raleigh-Cary, NC), Nerd Wallet, January 2014
- #1 Best Value Public College (University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill) and #4 Best Value Public College (NC State University)
Here’s a link to the full list if you’re interested! Enjoy!